Effective as of June 6, 2013
- Collection and Utilization of Information.
- Automatic Collection. When you use the Website, we will automatically receive information relating to your use of the Website, including your internet protocol address, data relating to performance of your network and computer or device, language and identifying information, and your operating system.
- Cookies. We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) that we can access when you visit the Website. We do this to help improve the user experience of the Website. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or device, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Website.
- Additional. We may also, from time to time, collect information from you through surveys in which you may choose to participate.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties. Unless you give us your explicit approval and except as outlined in Section 1 above, we will only share your information as is necessary to:
- Enforce the TCS News Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Comply with laws, regulations and any applicable court orders or to respond to requests from governmental or administrative bodies or to comply with litigation matters or other legal process, and/or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Allow us to use a third party to perform surveys measuring your experiences and use of the Website.
- Allow us to share aggregated statistics and information with parties with whom we do business.
- Provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- Security. While we work extremely hard to safeguard information once we receive it, please be aware that no transmission of data over a public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The Website, and all of the data related to the Website, reside on servers maintained by a commercial hosting company. That company takes certain precautions to protect the servers from intrusion, including securing the facilities in which the servers are located and maintaining a firewall to protect against unauthorized access. None of these measures is 100% secure and we do not monitor the web hosting company’s facilities or procedures to determine its compliance with the security procedures it says it employs.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and fair information practices, we do not intentionally collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Copyright © 2013 TCS News Corp. All rights reserved.