In order from least important to most important, these are the issues that Millennials care about in 2014, based on Pew Research and Gallup polls. Note that the 18-34 age group makes up about 25% of the population—but a population that has admitted they probably won’t be turning out for the midterm elections. But if they did, here’s what would drive their vote.
10. Health Insurance/Obamacare
9. The Environment
8. Housing costs/Being able to afford a home
7. Student loans/Affordable education
6. The budget deficit
5. Gender/Race/Sexual equality
4. The situation in the Middle East
3. How the federal government works (or doesn’t)
2. The availability of good jobs.
1. The “Economy”
So what do you think? Are these your top issues? What would you add? Would you rearrange them? Most of all: WILL YOU VOTE FOR THEM?